Membership
Members' Area
Get Involved
Events
Education
Science policy
Publications
Grants
Awards
About Us

History of the Biochemical Society

On 16 January 1911, John A. Gardner and Robert H.A. Plimmer, two enthusiastic university practitioners and noted experts in the up-and-coming science of ‘physi­ological chemistry’, sent out more than 50 personal invitations to friends and colleagues around the country to attend a meeting at the Institute of Physiology, University College London. On a Saturday afternoon five days later 32 people attended the meeting and the Biochemical Club as it was known then was born.

 

 


History of the Biochemical Society 1911-1949 by R.H.A. Plimmer

History of the Biochemical Society 1911-1949 by R.H.A. Plimmer