Written articles should be no longer than 1,500 words. Entries will not be judged on any pictures included in the article, just the text. References must be included where appropriate.
Each written entry must:
• Comprise original work of up to 1,500 words
• Be on a molecular bioscience topic (specified on your entry form)
• Be targeted at the general public
• Demonstrate a high level of spelling and grammar
• Be scientifically accurate
• Be creative, engaging and well-written
Videos should be 2-5 minutes long. Use of sophisticated film equipment is not required to enter this competition, for example, a phone camera could be used. The key points that the entries will be judged on is how well the science is presented/described and not the technical quality of the filming.
Videos can be entered by teams, with one person named as the lead entrant. Prizes will be shared by the team. See the FAQ for details.
Please do not include any copyrighted material in your entry (i.e. music and images).
Each video entry must:
• Communicate science clearly and be scientifically accurate
• Be engaging, creative and have strong narrative
• Be targeted at the general public and be on a molecular bioscience topic (specified on your entry form)
• Be 2-5 minutes long
• Not include any copyrighted content (eg. music)
Got any questions?
Make sure you check out our FAQs. If you still can't find what you're looking for, email firstname.lastname@example.org.