International Sponsored Places
The Biochemical Society has occasional funding opportunities to help our members attend conferences with our international partner Societies. Please see our current opportunities:
Young Scientist Forum and 44th FEBS Congress in Krakow, Poland
Applications for these sponsored places closes 6 January 2019.
The Biochemical Society is fully sponsoring two of our own outstanding Postgraduate or Early Career members to attend both the Young Scientist Forum and the 44th FEBS Congress in Krakow, Poland, 3 - 11 July 2019.
Don't miss out on this great opportunity to make connections with European colleagues and discuss work with an international audience.
The grant will provide two entrants with:
- Single accommodation from 3 July - 11 July 2019
- Registration for both the 44th FEBS Congress and the Young Scientist Forum
- Some meals and excursions
- Up to £350 for travel costs
The theme for the Congress this year is 'From molecules to living systems', featuring session topics:
Intracellular ion channels and transporters
Molecular mechanism of inflammation-related diseases
Mitochondria and signalling
Single cell analysis and imaging
RNA transport and translation
Sulfur metabolism and cellular regulation
Cytoskeleton and molecular mechanisms of motility
Synthetic biopolymers for biomedicine
Induced pluripotent cells
Cell therapy and regeneration medicine
RNA in pathogenesis and therapy
Proteins: Structure, disorder and dynamics
Genome editing (CRISPR)
Cell signaling in tumor biology
The following criteria are required in order to be eligible for a sponsored place:
- Applicant must be a current Postgraduate member of the Biochemical Society or an Early Career member within
the first five years of completing their PhD
- Applicant must submit a supporting letter from their supervisor
- Provide the abstract that will be submitted to the congress if successful
- Successful applicants must submit a report and photographs of the Congress no later than 30 days after
Applying for an International Sponsored Place will not affect your eligibility to apply for a General Travel Grant within the same calendar year.
A previous recipient of a FEBS/YSF sponsored place says:
"By attending such a conference, I was able to follow up on the latest research, present my work to the very large scientific community and meet well known scientists. The interaction with the research community from around the world during this event was very beneficial to me. Also, I had an opportunity to establish collaborations with scientists that attended this conference and obtained feedback in my research."