Introduction to the Media
20 January 2014
The Biochemical Society is sponsoring five places at the Society of Biology’s ‘Introduction to the Media’ workshop.
The course will provide an insight into print, radio and television science journalism from experienced professionals in the field. This course is aimed at researchers who want to maximise the impact of their work and scientists who are keen to develop effective communications with the media.
- An appreciation and understanding of each different media.
- What makes a good interview?
- Why does it make sense to speak to a journalist and communicate with the media?
- Interactive exercises and practical advice from journalists and guest speakers.
- The (optional) opportunity to write and submit a short science article before the course, returned on the day with written and verbal feedback.
Find out more about the event and register online.
To claim one of the free places please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name
- Biochemical Society membership number
- Confirmation of registration for the event
The places will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis and the cost of registration will be reimbursed after your attendance at the event has been confirmed.