Sponsored Events Grants
The Society will provide sponsorship of up to £500 to assist with the organization of single lectures or small events at an institution of Higher Education e.g. postgraduate research days, not falling under the umbrella of our Independent Meetings fund. Application for sponsorship of events that are cross-institutional and regional or student focused will be looked upon more favourably. Note that this fund does NOT support events for school students, which are covered under Scientific Outreach Grants.
Applications are considered three times a year, 6 January, 1 April and 1 August. Successful applicants will be advised approximately three weeks after the deadline. Early applications are encouraged and all events should take place at least a month after the application deadline. Applicants must be a Postgraduate, Early Career, Full or Emeritus member of the Biochemical Society.
The Society will provide:
- Payment of up to £500 by bank transfer
- Society branded literature and membership forms
As a condition of the grant, the Society asks the organizer to:
- Badge the event as 'sponsored by the Biochemical Society'
- Display Biochemical Society branded material
- Send a report for publication in The Biochemist and/or on the web, including photographs
Next application deadline: 1 April 2017
For further information please contact Rowena Mitchell, Membership Manager.