Sponsored Seminar Series
Apply for a new Sponsored Seminar Series Grant and if successful, the Biochemical Society can assist with the costs associated with hosting a seminar series within your institution.
The grant is intended to help with the travel costs for guest speakers at a series of seminars or lectures throughout the year. The grant can also be used to assist with catering costs should any refreshments be provided with the lectures or seminars.
The intended lectures must help us with our goal of promoting the future of molecular biosciences; facilitating the sharing of expertise, supporting the advancement of biochemistry and molecular biology, and raising awareness of their importance in addressing societal grand challenges.
Grants of £500, £750, £1000 or £1500 will be awarded to successful applicants. Applicants will be required to justify the level of support sought. The level of support will depend on the biochemical content of the lecture series, the size of the institution, the number of planned seminars or lectures and the expected number of attendees.
To be eligible for one of these grants the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- All intended speakers within the series must give a talk that has a biochemical or molecular biology focus
- The seminar series must consist of three or more lectures to be eligible for a grant
- The applicant and series organiser must be a member of the Biochemical Society
- The institution that benefits from a sponsored seminar series must agree to displaying Biochemical Society promotional materials at all seminar series lectures
- The institution that benefits from the grant must also agree to display the Biochemical Society logo on the seminar series webpage
- The organiser must agree to give a brief overview of the benefits of Biochemical Society Membership at each lecture within the series.
- The organiser must agree to provide a report and photographs for publication in The Biochemist or online about the series
Application deadline: 10 June 2017
Applicants will hear the outcome of their application on 1 August 2017
Please note that a maximum of one grant can be awarded per institution and thus, applicants are advised to check with colleagues prior to submitting an application.
For further information please contact Rowena Mitchell, Membership Manager