Our Students Bursaries help our Undergraduate and Postgraduate members attend a range of Biochemical Society events.
The maximum bursary available for a Focused Meeting is £200 if the meeting is taking place within your country of residence, or £300 if you are required to travel outside your country of residence to attend the meeting. The maximum bursary available for Workshops, Training Days and Hot Topic Events is £100 within your country of residence or £150 if travelling outside of your country of residence. For an Independent Meeting sponsored by the Society the maximum bursary available is £100.
Please note that bursaries are given on a first come, first served basis. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Key grant details
- You must be a Postgraduate or Undergraduate Student Member to apply. If you are not a member, join today.
- If you are not currently a member, you must join Society before the closing date for poster abstract submission for the particular event you wish to attend to be eligible.
- If you apply for a Student Bursary to attend a meeting you must submit a poster abstract for presentation at the meeting.
- You may only apply for one Student Bursary in any calendar year, and it must be at least 12 months since receiving a General Travel Grant.
- If awarded, Bursaries will be paid within three weeks of the event taking place.
- Student Bursaries are not available for Young Life Scientists' Symposia and cannot be used for Harden Conferences. Separate Harden Bursaries are available for Harden Conferences.
General Travel Grants are available to Postgraduate members wishing to attend any conference.
Harden Bursaries are available to help graduate students and scientists in the early stage of their career attend Harden Conferences
For further information please contact Lauren Hayes-Clarke, Membership Executive.