Get involved with our work
The strategy of the Biochemical Society is set and driven by its Council of Trustees, which is elected by members and has the ultimate responsibility for all aspects of the Society’s activities. We currently have a handful of vacancies available for members to join us and sit on a range of committees and panels.
Being a committee member is an excellent opportunity for strengthening your career, networking with like-minded colleagues from a range of disciplines as well as informing the work of the Biochemical Society and Portland Press.
The roles available are:
- Awards Committee, Member
- Clinical and Translational Research Theme Panel, Member
- Education, Training and Public Engagement Committee, Early Career Lecturer
- Education, Training and Public Engagement Committee, Training representative
- Education, Training and Public Engagement Committee, Industry Representative
- Grants Committee, Member
- Policy Advisory Panel, Early Career Representative
- Policy Advisory Panel, Regional Representative
- Publication Committee, Chair
- Training Theme Panel, Chair (Trustee role)
- Training Theme Panel, three new members (we are particularly interested in applications from people working in technical roles and/or with expertise in bioinformatics).
The Terms of Reference for each committee, along with details of how to submit your nomination, can be found at our dedicated microsite
To be eligible to stand for election, please submit your completed nomination form by 11.59 PM on Friday 23 November 2018
. If you have any questions about the range of roles available or the nomination process then please email Alice Pun, Executive Officer.