A Biochemical Society Scientific Meeting
Leucine Rich Repeat Kinase 2 has emerged as a major genetic determinant of Parkinson's disease, placing this multidomain enzyme at the core of research efforts for the development of both disease modifying therapies as well as disease related biomarkers. Given the success of the previous LRRK2 focused meetings, we launch a third edition of this event where the latest biochemical, cellular and translational LRRK2 research will be discussed in the frame of future clinical applications.
- LRRK2 genetics
- LRRK2 structural biology
- LRRK2 animal models
- LRRK2 in immune function
- LRRK2 intracellular pathways
- LRRK2/alpha-synuclein interaction in Parkinson's disease pathogenesis
- LRRK2 in neuronal function
- LRRK2 substrate and effectors
- LRRK2 pathways to clinic
- LRRK2 in other diseases
Abstract deadline: 2 July 2018
Abstract submission has now closed
Earlybird registration deadline: 2 July 2018 - over 100 attendees already booked!
Registration now open
Oral communication slots are available at this meeting. All attendees, particularly researchers in the early stages of their career, are invited to submit a poster abstract for consideration as an oral communication.
Student Bursaries are available for this meeting.
Not a member of the Biochemical Society? Join today and save up to £100 on your registration fee.
Molecular structures depicted in the logo have been reporduced from the following references:
- Guaitoli G, Raimondi F, Gilsbach B, Gómez-Llorente Y, Deyaert E, Renzi F, Li X, Schaffner A, Jagtap P, Boldt K, von Zweydorf F, Gotthardt K, Lorimer D, Yue Z, Burgin A, Janjic N, Sattler M, Versées W, Ueffing M, Ubarretxena-Belandia I, Kortholt A, Gloeckner C (2016) Structural model of the dimeric Parkinson's protein LRRK2 reveals a compact architecture involving distant interdomain contacts. PNAS, 113(30):E4357-66. http://www.pnas.org/content/113/30/E4357.long
- Sejwal K, Chami M, Rémigy H, Vancraenenbroeck R, Sibran W, Sütterlin R, Baumgartner P, McLeod R, Chartier-Harlin MC, Baekelandt V, Stahlberg H, Taymans J-M (2017) Cryo-EM analysis of homodimeric full-length LRRK2 and LRRK1 protein complexes. Scientific Reports, 7(1):8667.