On 16 January 1911, John A. Gardner and Robert H.A. Plimmer, two enthusiastic university practitioners and noted experts in the up-and-coming science of ‘physiological chemistry’, sent out more than 50 personal invitations to friends and colleagues around the country to attend a meeting at the Institute of Physiology, University College London. On a Saturday afternoon five days later 32 people attended the meeting and the Biochemical Club as it was known then was born.
Biochemical Society: the last 25 years, Edited by John Lagnado
5. Publishing, Portland Press Limited and Portland Customer Services (Dianne Stilwell)
This book is now available to order online.