Student led discussion
- Find some people to have a discussion with (4 – 8 is perfect)
- Go back to ‘some opinions’ and pick an opinion to discuss
- Come up with some open-ended questions and vote on which question would be the most interesting to discuss
- Start off by getting one person to ensure everyone is clear about the question and another to say why they think it is interesting
- Take turns to discuss your views and try to follow on from what was said before.
Teacher led discussion
- Study the ‘some opinions’ section and come up with 10 questions about the topic. Try to include some open-ended questions (without a definite right or wrong answer). Bring your questions to the next lesson