3rd UK Workshop on membrane proteins: solubilisation and biophysical characterisation
Earlybird booking: 4 February 2022
This three-day training event for early career researchers will focus on the function on biological membranes and on the biophysical techniques available to study their components in the context of biology and biotechnology. The event will comprise lectures, computer and laboratory-based practical sessions. Participants will leave the event with new knowledge and protocols that will allow them to use biophysical techniques for studying components of biological membranes in their research.
- High throughput membrane protein expression
- Solubilisation strategies
- Membrane protein purification
- Structural determination via circular dichroism, crystallography and EM
- Lipid nanoparticles and their analysis.
- Lipidomics via mass spectroscopy
- Biophysical analyses including NMR and neutron scattering.
This event will be followed by the scientific meeting European SMALP