Kinases and pseudokinases online symposium
Abstract deadline: 26 April 2021
Kinases fulfill allosteric, scaffolding, molecular switch and decoy roles in cell signalling. This year is the 30th anniversary of the publication of the first protein kinase structure (Knighton et al, Science 1991). Much of what we know about these diverse proteins has come from this structure, so to celebrate its publication, the Biochemical Society is hosting an online symposium for the sharing of research in the field.
The programme will feature two talks from leaders in the fields, with all further presentations being selected from abstracts submitted by Early Career Researchers.
- A small molecule inhibitor of HER3: a proof-of-concept study >
- Plant cell wall signalling and receptor-like kinases >
- Functions and regulation of the serine/threonine protein kinase CK1 family: moving beyond promiscuity
- T cells: a dedicated effector kinase pathways for every trait? >
- PHLPPing the balance: restoration of protein kinase C in cancer >