Our Students Bursaries help our Undergraduate and Postgraduate members attend a range of Biochemical Society events or online courses.
The maximum bursary available for a Scientific Meeting is £200 if the meeting is taking place within your country of residence, or £300 if you are required to travel outside your country of residence to attend the meeting. The maximum bursary available for a Training Event or Course is £100 within your country of residence or £150 if travelling outside of your country of residence. For a Society online course the cost of the registration fee will be covered.
Please note that bursaries are given on a first come, first served basis. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Key grant details
- You must be a Postgraduate or Undergraduate Student Member to apply. If you are not a member, join today.
- If you are not currently a member, you must join Society before the closing date for poster abstract submission for the particular event you wish to attend to be eligible.
- If you apply for a Student Bursary to attend a meeting you must submit a poster abstract for presentation at the meeting. NB this is not a requirement if applying for a bursary to cover the registration fee for online courses.
- You may only apply for one Student Bursary in any calendar year, and it must be at least 12 months since receiving a General Travel Grant.
- If awarded, Bursaries will be paid within three weeks of the event taking place.
- Student Bursaries are not available for Young Life Scientists’ Symposia and cannot be used for Harden Conferences. Separate Harden Bursaries are available for Harden Conferences.