Our Students Bursaries help our Undergraduate and Postgraduate members attend a range of Biochemical Society events or online courses.
The maximum bursary available for a Scientific Meeting is £200 if the meeting is taking place within your country of residence, or £300 if you are required to travel outside your country of residence to attend the meeting. The maximum bursary available for a Training Event or Course is £100 within your country of residence or £150 if travelling outside of your country of residence. For a Society online course virtual meeting or to access on-demand content the cost of the registration fee will be covered.
Please note that bursaries are given on a first come, first served basis. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
- Be a member of the Society (and have completed your registration and bursary application) by either:
- the closing date for poster abstract submission (if applicable);
- one month prior to the start date of the event they wish to attend (for meetings and training events with no abstracts); or
- before the online course start date.
If you are not a member, join today.
- Have submitted a poster abstract for presentation at the meeting if applicable (there is no requirement for poster abstract submission for On Demand events, Online Courses or training events that do not have poster presentations)
- Not have received a Society bursary in the same calendar year.
- Not have received a General Travel Grant in the last 12 months.
- Student Bursaries are not available for Young Life Scientists’ Symposia and cannot be used for Harden Conferences. Separate Harden Bursaries are available for Harden Conferences.
- If awarded, bursaries will be paid within three weeks of the event taking place.