Young Scientist Forum and 45th FEBS Congress
The Biochemical Society has occasional funding opportunities to help our members attend conferences with our international partner Societies.
Please see our current opportunities: 20th FEBS Young Scientists’ Forum and 45th FEBS Congress
Application deadline: 2 January 2020.
The Biochemical Society is fully sponsoring two of our outstanding Postgraduate or Early Career members to attend both the Young Scientists’ Forum in Lovran, Croatia, from 1 – 4 July 2020 and the 45th FEBS Congress in Ljubljana, Slovenia, from 4 – 9 July 2020.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to make connections with European colleagues and discuss your work with an international audience. More information about the 45th FEBS Congress can be read here and more details regarding the 20th FEBS Young Scientists’ Forum can be seen here.
Please note that the YSF and Congress are being held in different locations this year; the 2020 Congress will be held in Ljubljana, Slovenia and the 2020 YSF will be held in Lovran, Croatia.
The grant will provide two Biochemical Society members with:
- Single accommodation from 1 – 9 July 2020
- Registration for both the 45th FEBS Congress and the Young Scientists’ Forum
- Some meals and excursions
- Up to £450 for travel costs
The theme for the Congress this year is “Molecules of Life: Towards New Horizons” featuring session topics including:
- Molecular Genetics – Cell Language and Dialects
- Protein Turnover – A Limited Lifespan
- Signals and Membranes – Talking and Listening
- Structural Biology and Imaging – Under the Magnifying Glass
- Synthetic Biology and Molecular Biotechnology – The Final Frontiers
- From Systems to Precision Medicine – Searching for a Silver Bullet
- Organisms – Molecules – Interactions – Seeing the Forest
- Molecular Medicine – Understanding the Other Me
- Glycans and Lipids – The Strangers We Know from Before
- Biochemistry: A Success Story
The following criteria are required in order to be eligible for a sponsored place:
- Applicant must be a current Postgraduate member of the Biochemical Society or an Early Career member of the Biochemical Society within the first five years of completing their PhD
- Applicant must submit a supporting letter from their supervisor
- Applicant must provide a single abstract that will be submitted to the 20th YSF and 45th FEBS Congress if their application is successful. Both events should be attended.
- Successful applicants must submit a report and photographs of the Congress to the Biochemical Society no later than 30 days after returning from the Congress
Please note that applying for an International Sponsored Place will not affect your eligibility to apply for a General Travel Grant within the same calendar year.