R for Biochemists 101 2018
R for Biochemists 101 aimed to equip early career researchers with the information, tools and techniques to use R. It was suited to beginners that want to use the programming software but had little or no experience.
The course focused on getting data in R, manipulating and visualizing them using various methods. Each module used a biochemical experiment and data as a starting point.
The course was divided in 5 modules:
- Draw a protein standard curve using base R and ggplot2
- Extracting data from objects
- Drawing an enzyme kinetics plot
- Customizing and reusing plots with R
- Getting your data into R for exploration
The estimated time of completion for each module was one hour, however participants were able to learn at their own pace and benefit from the interaction with the course lead educator and other fellow participants.