This fund is available to provide modest financial support for benchwork. The emphasis is on methodology, with a preference for cellular or bioanalytical work.
The Fund was endowed by a Trust (Guildford Academic Associates) co-founded by Dr Eric Reid, an Emeritus Member. Dr Eric Reid (1922-2010) was well known in the bioanalytical community as the founder of Reid Bioanalytical Forum.
Examples of awards
- Developing and applying a new technique
- Checking the application of a known technique in new circumstances
- Feasibility studies by new staff before they apply to a major award-granting body
How much funding is available?
- £4,000 (for consumables only)
- £6,000 (to cover a £2,000 stipend to a summer vacation student).
Any additional funding sought for the proposed work from other sources should be mentioned in the application.