Please see below for the general information about the grants. If you cannot find what you are looking for, it might be useful to read our Frequently Asked Questions.
It is a condition of the award that the student subsequently submits a report and a digital photo of themselves and also the supervisor that can be uploaded onto our website and online galleries (no more than 2 sides of A4) summarising:
– The aims of the project
– Description of work
– Assessment of results and outcomes of studentship
– Future directions in which the project could be taken
– Departures from original proposal
– Value of studentship to the student and to the lab
– Photos of the student and supervisor with any others (or images) of relevant lab work or results.
Students are also encouraged to write a blog about their placement, and to regularly update the Society on their work using social media or via email.
Students awarded grants will receive one years’ free student membership to the Biochemical Society upon submission of their final project report.
For more information on summer vacation studentships please email the Education Department.