Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- An understanding of issues and challenges pertaining to diversity in science
- An awareness of channels and networks which address diversity in science, through which any achievements arising from the grant may be disseminated.
- Originality and relevance of the proposed approach in addressing issues and challenges relating to diversity in science.
- How potential impact will be evaluated.
- Proven research capability and experience, if the grant is to be used to fund a research project.
- A defined time period for the activity (for grants awarded in 2019 it is expected that the project will be completed by 1 September 2020).
- Evidence of additional/future funding to ensure project sustainability if catalytic funding is being sought.