The Biochemical Society’s Diversity in Science Grants scheme provides grants of up to £500 to individuals, groups, charities or not-for-profit organisations.
Help create and support a representative scientific community with our Diversity in Science Grants.
These grants are available to any individual or group with a project that will support and address issues relating to inclusion and diversity in science. You do not need to be a member of the Society to apply and you don’t need to be based in the UK; these grants are open to applicants from any country..
This year we are particularly interested to receive applications that address one or more of the areas identified as priorities by our community in our 2023 survey:
- Neurodivergence in the workplace and improving access for those with disabilities;
- Supporting women in biochemistry and those with caring responsibilities;
- Communicating EDI data metrics for the biochemical community;
- Representation and diversity at conferences, events and on editorial boards;
- Recognition and promotion of the visibility of minority scientists.
Previous recipients of any of our grants are welcome to apply for funding from this scheme.