Biochemical Society Undergraduate Recognition Awards are offered for institutions to award, at their discretion, to an outstanding undergraduate in any year of study. The course of study must be related to biochemistry or molecular bioscience. Applications must be made through your Local Ambassador. Please note Student Ambassadors are not eligible to apply for an Undergraduate Recognition Award. If your institution does not have a Local Ambassador, why not become one yourself?
The Society will provide:
- £50 cash prize paid to the winning student
- One year free undergraduate or postgraduate membership of the Biochemical Society for the winning student
- A certificate for the winning student
- A package of student membership brochures, flyers and The Biochemist magazine for display at the prize-giving event
As a condition of the prize, the Society asks the institution to:
- Announce the prize as “The Biochemical Society Undergraduate Recognition Award”
- Display Society branded promotional materials
- Send a photograph of the prize presentation after the event
Please note: Only one prize will be awarded per institution per year.
For further information please contact the Grants department >
2019: Rueben James