Each year, the Society provides a number of grants of up to £100 to support events organized by student societies relating to molecular bioscience. The events may be social events or more formal academic-related events such as a sponsored invited speaker. Applicants must be an Undergraduate or Postgraduate Member of the Biochemical Society and have a key position within the student society.
Note: only one grant will be awarded per society per year.
The Society will provide:
- Payment of up to £100 by bank transfer
- Society branded literature
As a condition of the grant, the Society asks the student society to:
- Badge the event as ‘sponsored by the Biochemical Society’
- Display Biochemical Society branded material at the event
- Send a report for potential publication in The Biochemist and/or online including photographs